View Single Post
Old 21 May 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3905073)   #10
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I've a little experience with hybrids as we service a few where I work, and slight experience with a put EV as my sister has a Renault Zoe (I refer to this as her milk float!).
2½ years ago I was asked if I would ever have an EV or a hybrid, and dismissed the whole idea out of hand, 'I will always want an engine' was my reasoning.
However, I also enjoy a driving challenge, 40 years ago the challenge was to drive everywhere as fast as I could. Nowadays (although I still don't consider myself a slow driver) my challenges are mainly to drive as safely and as efficiently as possible. Road testing the hybrids has opened my eyes to the possible advantages of this type of system, and not being purely electric, they don't carry the risk of stranding you because you've run out of volts, a problem that would still put me off the idea of a pure EV. I enjoy the challenge of driving the hybrids, on my road tests I try to drive half on totally electric power.
I'm now mellowing to the idea, and would like to see what it's like to live with one for a week (so much so that yesterday I even checked if my local car hire company rent them out so I could try that - they don't!), just so I could see.