View Single Post
Old 21 May 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3905132)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Apologies for just noticing this thread, but have been away playing with noisy 101 octane leaded petrol cars....

BEVs. I’ve been driving a BMW i3 for two years, without any issues. It has a smallish range due to being a small car with smallish battery. That isn’t a problem for most of the time, but does mean a bit of planning for long trips.

The owner of 2 cars I am privileged to race with him is on his 3rd Model S. He had one of the first to arrive in the UK and has upgraded now to a P100D. In the 3 cars he has covered around 90k miles, all around Europe.

Simple fact- A Tesla is the only EV that you can drive around the UK or across Europe without charger issues. Their Supercharger and Destination network is way and above superior to any other. The new Jag, Merc, Audi etc models boast a very rapid charging rate, BUT at the moment there are hardly any chargers able to supply that rate. Most max at 50kwh.

The new Kia and Hyundai BEVs are the best so far for good range at a more affordable price. They both have a waiting list..... In the next couple of years there will be several alternatives worth consideration from Euro and Far East manufacturers, but I will be saving for a Tesla Model Y. That charging infrastructure of theirs is the clincher.....