Old 22 Nov 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3782140)   #45
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
An idea i'd love to see, and it obviously needs the approval of the car owners and i've no idea how possible this idea is to implement, but i'd love to see a feature event, at say about 3pm on the Sunday afternoon. Something like a 40min race for Group C/A Heritage Touring Cars, where the car owners partner with another driver and we have a Goodwood style driver change after 20mins.

You could call it the "Bathurst Celebration Race" or something, have the pre-race grid extravaganza they trialled a few years back before this feature event etc.... Driver pairings could be along the lines of say David Towe with Tony Longhurst in the JPS M3, Terry Lawler & Steve Johnson in the Mustang, Ben Grice in the STP GpC Commodore etc etc.. you get the idea. (I'd suggest it with Group N cars, but i'm assuming the owners here would be less likely to run them for that long in one race)
There were plans for that very concept but pro drivers won't pay for the ride and as I pay the bills, I'm the only one driving it. Can you imagine a pro signing a contract agreeing to pay several hundred thousand dollars if they were unlucky enough to write off the car whether it was their fault or not?
I love my car and am totally a Jum fan but I'm sorry even the great man himself is not driving my car without my investment being completely covered.