View Single Post
Old 30 May 2019, 12:49 (Ref:3906955)   #64
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien_White View Post
The rule is clear that in rejoining the circuit you can't gain an advantage. It doesn't say "you can't gain a position".
This is a concept which I dislike. At a British circuit with tarmac run-off where cars often run wide we're often asked if the driver gained an advantage. to which I want to reply "Well, he left the circuit and isn't in the wall or gravel or bouncing across rough wet grass, so effectively, yes, he did." More to the point he didn't suffer any disadvantage, and if you go off track, you should.

Maybe motorsport as a whole needs to advocate that if you leave the circuit then you drop to the back of everyone on the same lap as you, or perhaps a mandatory drive through? It's a plague and I hate it.