View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3907838)   #55
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
True, it has been rebranded as "Sydney Master Blast incorporating Muscle Car Masters". I know it's only semantics but you can't really say it's been absorbed into Sydney Master Blast since Master Blast was a session on the MCM programme until now. As well as the addition of bikes onto the programme, there are 4 categories (including us) that have a night race on the Saturday night using the Druitt Circuit. The night races will be a great spectacle but I fear will detract from the Sunday programme with people not wanting to do the late night and back up again at 9.00 for the start of Sunday racing. Only time will tell but I really thing the move back to the Father's Day weekend is a much needed move.

That might be so but it doesn't really seem to be the same sort of celebration of Australian Touring Cars, Bathurst and muscle cars that it once was. Will all the old cars and stars be celebrated etc...? ... does Chevron still have an involvement in this "Sydney Masterblast" that features motorcycles and Karts?

Not only that, there is a Shannons Nationals event the same weekend..... With a headline event promoted by the V8 Sleuth who is usually involved at the MCM

Without AMC or someone explaining the name change further, there is little more to go on other than to assume the event as it was has fundamentally died off