View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3728021)   #30
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I live in Loughborough, not a million miles from Donington, and several of my neighbours (who know I "play with cars", as I put it) have asked me since Monday whether I knew what had happened. I kept my own counsel, mentioned that I wasn't there as I was at the WEC meeting, and that it certainly looked like a terrible incident.

I'm glad I did, as the outcome - although terrible - is certainly not, so far, as bad as it could have been.

Today, a number of them have mentioned the epic response from the motorsport (and wider) community in terms of fundraising. One of them has even asked if I might be able to take them to see some motorsport as "it isn't that far away".

From little acorns, etc. Good will come of this in many ways.