View Single Post
Old 16 May 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3733803)   #11
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Current Car = Vauxhall Meriva, it is awful!
Dream Car = 49 Mercury with a big block and a roof chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Daily drivers are a MINI and a Honda FRV (don't ask). Dream car is a Ford RS200 - I was 10 when group B was at it's height so you can imagine the impression the cars made
My first ever rally I went to was the 86 RAC. I caught the train to Yorkshire from London, and was picked up by my psychopathic friends in a 240 Volvo which took off at 100 mph towards the forest. We walked about 5 miles in the dark to a stage that was supposed to be closed to spectators. About a 1000 other people had not got the message either.
The Sky lit up about 2 miles away from the leaders spotlights and the exhaust backfires sounded like an artillery battle. Then the cars started coming past and it was spectacular. A Lancia went into the ditch right in front of me, flipped on it's roof, and the brakes set the grass on fire. I was expecting someone to call the fire brigade, but instead everyone ran out of the woods, set the car on it's wheels, and it took off with a roar.
It was just brilliant, and I am so lucky to have seen those beasts before they got banned.