View Single Post
Old 25 Dec 2018, 16:26 (Ref:3872362)   #10
Eyebrows
Rookie

Eyebrows should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merry Christmas all, thank you very much for all that useful info. Did have a good couple of giggles at those replies.

Looks like I need to go read appendix k but that shouldn't be a problem.

So far I have 3 or 4 copies of DAF 66 homologation papers and 1 copy of a Volvo 66 1300. My main question was which of these applies to my Volvo 66 1.1 litre, can I increase the engine size, change the grill and call it a 1300? Or is it fine as it is and because they're basically the same car would they all count?

Some of the DAF homologation papers are group 2, showing cylinder head upgrades etc. Could I do these upgrades on my Volvo or would I have a difficulties getting it accepted?

I'd like to do UK historic rallies, in particular I was thinking the BHRC which has the rules Tel linked to in that last post. Is this a good place to start with a decent car to start with or do I need to do some rethinking? I would also like to occasionally do some other rallies (the current owner of this daf has done the Monte Carlo rally a couple of times in his other dafs). I won't be able to afford this rally yet but in future I would love to do similar things and didn't want to be held back by the particular model (despite the fact it's exactly the same less a few stickers and a different grill).

Thanks for the tip off r.e. Simon Hadfield, might try give him a call in the new year.

Cheers for all the help, really appreciate it