Thread: LM24 Radio Le Mans
View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3263889)   #72
tonypowe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cambridgeshire
tonypowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to post my thanks to everyone at Radio le Mans for their excellent coverage everywhere they go. I agree that Le 24 Heures du Mans would still be running and popular, and a great experience even without RLM but to be without this additional entertainment and information having had it for so long would definitely now feel wrong. Just to explain how it is for me – last weekend I was listening to the Practise Day on RLM whilst working on my sons car and just the sound of the RLM team (even minus the most excellent Trussers) had me trackside. When I have had the unfortunate situation of not being able to get to Le Mans then any TV coverage is accompanied by RLM commentary as it seems to me to be the best there is. I mean where else could you hear an American completely muller the word Pooogohhhh!

Having recently been to the dark side and paid a fortune to go to a Grand Prix imagine my disappointment that there was no circuit radio commentary so you have to put up with trying to hear something over the trackside PA – with the noise of F1 cars ! So if you cant see a big screen you don’t get to know who is doing what in qually ( a bit like Silverstone WEC qually in fact ;-)).

Clearly with the advances in communication we may in the future have other ways of getting some of this information, but the analysis from Mr Truswell and exuberant commentary from the team will still be an integral part of the Le Mans experience for me. Long may it continue.