Thread: WEC 2015 WEC Discussion
View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3427884)   #35
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proposed change in WEC calendar

It seems to me that certain people within the ACO, seem more concerned with their own "status" rather than what is good for the series.

Further more, I imagine their consulting with all the teams can be translated to......."we talked to the manufacturers".......who clearly are not hampered by any funding needs. Most corporations with their marketing budgets, work from calendar year to calendar year, and have goals in sight they would like to achieve within these time periods. trying to in essence change the calendar, is somewhat asinine!

It's a wonderful idea to have as many as 14 or more races, but I wonder if whoever came up with all of this, has considered how teams other than the manufacturers, will be able to fund this pipe dream? I saw no reference to any funding assistance being given by the ACO...

Perhaps if they take a look back at how the WEC has grown, and now in some cases, shrunken again as some teams prefer doing the ELMS for cost reason, they may wake up to reality. At the moment the WEC is doing ok, but something like this complete change in format could easily kill it off overnight. It could also be the savior of the series, but somehow I won't be holding my breath for this.

If something is working, why try and change it to what is never was for no real valid reason?