View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3741255)   #66
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
As I've admitted before, I don't like the guy, so I understand that my opinions may be more than a little one-sided but I noticed at the weekend, now that he had moved further up the grid he had a couple of interviews and although he's supposed to be a TV Professional (due to his 5th gear appearances) to me he comes across as ignorant. He grunts & pauses incessantly during his interviews which I feel he does on purpose to give him more air time than someone who would just answer the question...
I'm no Plato fan but I think that's a bit harsh. I think the pauses are him calculating what to say - be that a 'the team are working hard', 'TOCA need to look at boost', 'Matt Neal is an idiot' or whatever. Plato is a very shrewd operator, he rarely says anything without having a good reason to do so - he just takes the time to formulate it in his head before saying anything. If he says something it's always pushing some agenda or other - no banal stuff - it's all for a reason.