View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2003, 22:56 (Ref:713639)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I've marshalled karts on long circuits on occasions, and they are FANTASTIC racing. I don't look down on them in any way, or on those for whom they are their marshalling speciality.

Where I am different, and this goes for bikes as well, is I am simply not comfortable with the level of safety they provide. I accept that as a marshal I may (and have) deal with some unpleasant accidents, but I prefer them to be the exception rather than commonplace. Others set their sights differetly, and that's fine by me. I hold the same opinion of old racing cars, and anyone who saw the pictures in Autosport of the historic going over the bank will understand. If a Kart does something similar, I would prefer not to be the one that clears up. Others will see it differently, and that is their choice to make. It doesn't make them a better or worse person, marshal or competitor. I have never heard any comment that contradicts that last statement, and would not hesitate to correct it if I did.