Old 4 Feb 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2120327)   #185
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
It IS a CC forum and those in the know here want to discuss TG's finances. I don't know them, and neither does anyone here. That's why there were no numbers in my post. It APPEARS that The Hulman Co. sold some things -- as I mentioned, the TV stations were sold -- but we have no clue as to how that money and whatever other money they have is invested or how it's performed.

But if the track in Loudon, N.H., was sold for $340 million to SMI, somehow you're not very convincing that the world's largest seating facility, also designated a National Historic Landmark, isn't worth pretty close to what I quoted as an appraisal I'd read.

TG started a series with only Indy from scratch and has developed it WITH competition. CART started a series around Indy without competition from USAC after 1 1/2 years. CC started a series with the remnants of a bankrupt CART WITH competition from the IRL. One series, despite the brickbats thrown at guys like Stokkan and Craig, did better than two. It should have been one when CART went bankrupt, but The Amigos got in the way. So we continue with two halves fighting each other to be the whole. Judging TG's management is solely the province of the CW mentality.

And luke, I didn't say a thing about TG being a saint. I responded to the poster's question. Your sarcasm is unwarranted. The IRL was fully mentioned and being discussed before I posted.

The IRL is failing? Oh.
i think you will find no one wants to talk what your on about as its clear biased BS because you work for the man.

I think you will also find that the series was kept alive to keep going what was one of the best series in the world, not to get in the way of indy car and its current fall.