View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2013, 12:27 (Ref:3296145)   #64
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
He said "the guys at the top of BTCC" meaning to me, he's talking about the guys in it right now - not who used to be in it like Muller, Menu or Tarquini.

Quite frankly, Turkington is the only decent driver on the grid. It is clear he is streets ahead of anybody else in the BTCC, and doesn't punt-to-pass like the majority do.

But to say that the guys at the top of the BTCC are some of the best "in the world" compared against some of the drivers in the likes of DTM, V8 Supercars, or even WTCC, it's a ludicrous suggestion. They're not even in the same league, to be fair.

But I guess this is a debate to be had in a "who is the best touring car driver in the world right now" thread.
The other thing I'd like to add to Thaw's comments (which I totally agree with) is that the likes of Muller, Munu and Tarquini came from top level international motorsport into the BTCC, they didn't learn their craft there...