View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:12 (Ref:923068)   #16
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Watch you don't gloat too hard, Neil. Toyota will get it right soon enough, especially once Gascoine has had proper influence from the start of the car's design to the end (ie. next year). On the grounds that Gascoine's previous car, the Renault, is BAR's main rival now (even with a good ten per cent engine power defecit) I have to assume that the new cars from your least favourite team will be far better. For this season enjoy it, because whether you like it or not Toyota will be up there scoring podiums sooner than you think.

Sounds like gloating doesnt it? Its not meant to be though. I have no doubt Toyota will be one of the better teams. Maybe even by mid season they will be a second per lap faster than at the start of the season.

V, you honestly believe that Toyota did not expect to qualify for races in their first season, or that they just hoped to finish the races in their 2nd, and in their third they just hope for points. I feel its a little more like CYA.

Anyway, I was concentrating on the fact that BAR expects to be fighting the best. IMO the only way to really be a contender is to expect it. BAR since its first flop of a season has been too understated and too "hopeful" instead of demanding. They have the money and the talent. They should expect to be winners not hope to be. Arrogance would be to say they are better than someone else. Confidence is stating their actual expectations and not being understated in order to save face. They are where they are because of hard work and now they know they must work even harder to make another step.

I do dislike Toyota so maybe its best I not mention them anymore because I wont have too many good things to say about them. I love racing. Some companies love to race too but others do it for the sole purpose of selling more cars and to be the worlds number one automaker. The fact of the matter is racing is a sport to make it anything else only devalues it.

Last edited by neilap; 29 Mar 2004 at 17:14.