View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3939441)   #129
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I went with my media hat on this year. My first visit. Quite a strange event. The circuit has had a lot of money spent on building it and thousands of seats but no PA/commentary system of screens for results for spectators to see.
There were perhaps a few hundred spectators at best and the admissions system could not have coped with any more. Do they not promote it? I reckon half the spectators were from the UK.
There were some good races but some poor ones with small grids. Four cars in the FF race of which only one was a FF. Others with single figure grids which soon got spread out. Two two hour races were really only for the drivers. The 50s sports cars running into the dark might seem a good idea but a dozen cars of varied speed did not make a spectacle.
62 Westfields was a recipe for disaster and it was, I think they actually got 4 laps in their first race that were not under the safety car.
I like to go to different events each year and I am glad I went but I would not return. I wonder of the circuit/organisers did not have their heart in it.