View Single Post
Old 26 Dec 2002, 23:50 (Ref:457885)   #15
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Build it and they will come!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vandas
Racetime,

I would like to see the integrity of the ISLAND MAGIC event kept intact, and then build the festival around it.

With the help of the Phillip Island Local Council and the local Police we could really put on a fabulous weekend for motoring and motorsport enthusiasts.

It could never be like Goodwood in the true sense of the word, however using the concepts and ideas implemented by that event, we could run something pretty successful in Australia.

Then you wake up from the dream and realise it is all possible, just requires a lot of dedication, a lot of co-ordinating, a lot of sweat, and a lot of money.

I guess you could call it my field of dreams, but you must always have dreams.

Cam
Vandas and Race (Merry Xmas by the way)
I used to love speed week at Bathurst (2 + 4) on seperate days......

The thing is, for something like this to work it has to be made attractive and easy to attend for the public. PI cannot be considered easy to attend - accommodation alone is unlikely to cope with a large influx without a tent city. Insurance waivers from the government (yeah right!) or underwriten by a government with full support might work - I think something prior to Albert Park each year might fly (just a thought)...

There are some great Historic Meetings around the country already (do they still have the York thing in WA? Birdswood SA, HSRCA Eastern Creek September, PI, Sandown, Winton mid year etc etc )and it would be great to see a combined festival/celebration bash.

Keep working on it guys!! I would love to come help out and officiate.

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 26 Dec 2002 at 23:53.