View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4047554)   #3180
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Why would they be ineligible? They're not backed by a manufacturer so I thought it automatically means a team is 'independent' and classified as one?

Btw when most of the grid is independent, like it's been for many years now, I think running an independent classification is pointless. It only makes for countless tables and championships which mean nothing really. JST in a current form is also a bit useless. I'd say what would be best is just Drivers Championship, Teams Championship and Manufacturers Championship but for all cars driving for a manufacturer. So if there are 6 Hondas for instance, all can score points for Honda if Honda is a 'manufacturer' in the BTCC. Top two scorers for a brand would count for instance. And Jack Sears Trophy should be again a contest between rookies (or 'almost' rookies - guys who so far completed only few races).
Do many people watching the BTCC really care about the Teams Championship? The points never seem to tally with the Driver's Championship anyway. Turkington and Oliphant scored a combined 564 points last season but BMW only had 550. Anyone know why that is and how the Teams standings are calculated?