View Single Post
Old 20 May 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3823584)   #389
Mountain Man
Racer

Mountain Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
I also attended yesterday, and I agree with you, it's one of my favourite events to attend. Shame about the attendance numbers. In a way it's nice to have the place to yourself but it's also disappointing for the series. There's an article on DSC which mentions that if attendance numbers aren't better today then the race might be under threat in the future. I can't understand how the F1 attracts 300,000 people each year. Where do these people disappear to for the rest of the year? More expensive, no paddock access, can't move seats on race day. It's beggars belief.
I would suggest part of it is that the way GT3 racing is going, it's more about iconic races and less about championships. Silverstone is just another round of the championship. Let's be honest, Blancpain is Spa 24 hours, and a lot of other lesser stuff. Even as someone who loves Spa 24, and GT3, the sheer volume of SRO gets tedious / confusing at times, it's over saturation.

As for Silverstone, personally, and I'm sure plenty will disagree, I find is a pretty souless and boring place to watch racing. Compared to Spa, or somewhere like Brands, it's boring and corporate and not a spectator friendly venue.