View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2019, 05:18 (Ref:3932839)   #5
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is this not asking the same question as - 'Why does F1 Need a Bespoke Power Unit' in a different format? Also - when has F1 been the epitome of mechanical engineering?

It may be the epitome of any engineering related to a Single-Seater Formula, and that will go beyond mechanical. Currently the Formula that they race to prescribes a Hybrid PU - and the engineering is the epitome of work in that field. I fear that this thread may be too focused, and is looking at F1 through the narrow lens of Power Unit only, without understanding the wider context of the sport?
I don't intend it to be that at all, I intended it to be an extension of the discussion that Abiteboul started in the last week or so. I myself think the discussion around F1 needs to be broadened a bit away from all the doom and gloom and make it a bit more interesting. There are those and Joe Saward is definitely one who take the view that F1 is everything to cars and everything good comes from it. I don't agree with that but it seems to be a wide spread POV.