View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3891680)   #1656
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A great debut drive from Lando Morris but I wonder if McLaren aren't ruing parting company, with Honda?
Probably privately. But would Honda been able to make progress with McLaren? 2018 was not a stellar year for McLaren. You can blame that on the upheaval of the switch to a new power unit, but I expect the results would have been similar if Honda had stayed. So the Honda blame game and acrimonious relationship would have continued.

2018 was a year of wisely lower expectations by the team Honda was worked with. Not to mention a newfound freedom to do what they thought was right vs. being pushed into corners. That gave Honda coverage to continue to focus on progress vs. battling their "partner" in public spats. Honda made the right move to proceed with divorce rather than trying to repair a fractured marriage. Of course RBR may be just as vicious if things go south, but that is a story for a different thread.

Richard