Rookie

Finland
Finland
Don Vito should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1 View Post
Looks like we got the new GT serie in Sweden now:
http://www.sportinformation.com/Arti...?article=19603
Its named Swedish GT SuperCup and will be run with basicly GT3 and GT4 rules, but I guess almost anything goes as long as they arent too fast, as theres lots of fast cars in Sweden and Finland that doesnt really fit into GT3 or GT4 homoligation. But anyway, they will do 5 races next season and expand to 7 races in 2011. So I guess Nordic Supercar is basicly dead now. Hope this serie can get some proper management and be a great success! Hope they'll run some races in co-operation with STCC as well, that would mean some 10-20k spectators.
If I have to make an educated guess, I bet the series will be limited to genuine GT3 and GT4 cars only and outside these, there will be some Porsche GT3 Cup and Ferrari Challenge cars to fill in the grid (a.ka. to make sure that there would be more than just handful of cars...). I won't belive any Super Saloon (FIN) or Nordic Supercars* (SWE) will be accepted into the grid.
At least in Finland the organisator kicked them off the events. Next year there might be some joint efforts with finns and swedes in Pärnu and one other event in Finland. IMO those NSC teams, who's cars don't fit into GT rules, should get themselves a finnish license and drive here in the national open class events. Not much spectators expected though, but I think it would be more fun to race if there is more cars on the grid.

*) I mean NSC cars, which don't fall into FIA GT3/GT4 regulations

Last edited by Don Vito; 5 Nov 2009 at 13:09.