View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3813393)   #265
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Firstly, how can a copy of a MAT design also be 100% Honda designed?

Secondly, if the 2018 design is a copy of the MAT design, how have Honda got around the associated IP rights of a MAT design?
I have asked a similar question on a different forum. Nobody has offered an answer, and we may never get one.

First, I don’t think we know the balance of what Honda designed vs MAT in the entire ERS system let alone just the MGU-H. My initial post left the door open for it being MAT designed/sourced... or not.

And.. I also wonder if part of the Honda McLaren divorce, if that included making arrangements for IP licenses on specific technologies. Such as, let’s say the 2017 MGU-H was sourced from MAT and now Honda owns, or has a license for, the 2018 version based upon the 2017 design. Honda could develop it in any direction I would assume?

Richard