View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2000, 12:45 (Ref:24356)   #5
Regs
Rookie

Regs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are a couple of Mini's scooting about here in my town and you never fail to notice them. People are always like "Hey there's one of those Mini's" and then they'll go on about a trip they took to England way back when. So they have an effect. I would venture to say there would definitely be a market for them if they were more easily available. As for cars like Camaro's and Firebirds, the Seventies were thier era, a grand would get you a real poor one that you'd rather use for parts. Even better are the Chrysler Barracuda and Dodge Challenger with thier Hemi engines. Much harder cars to find and far more valuble. I'll look in my local paper for prices. I didn't know there was much of a market for those kind of cars outside Canada and the U.S. What's hot now are Hot Rods! Remember those? Some guy will find an old Model T chassis and body, restore it and put something like a dragsterized 350 cu.in. in the front, and an outrageous paintjob on the body(like a dark metalflake purple with yellow orange flames or something). Also I'm seeing a lot of Shelby Cobra's. They're sold as kits or packages that you assemble(or have assembled), and depending on a lot of variables you can be into one for around $15,000 to $60,000(US). Can I interest you in anything?