View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2000, 13:27 (Ref:24358)   #6
enzo
Racer

enzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regs:

I think you may mean '60s Camaros & 'cudas, not '70s. The late '60s stuff is all the rage now, the post-'73 ( emission era) stuff is a dime-a-dozen. They were considered junk when new ! That will start to change soon ( may have already - I don't pay much attentio to it any more ), though, as the newest generation of enthusiasts starts looking for old cars to play with - they don't remember how disgusted we were with the '70s stuff ( all show - no go. Remember the Screaming Chicken ?) as they weren't born yet ! Personally, I don't think that Detroit has made a decent enthusiasts car since the '69 Mustang Mach 1 !

The wildest Mini I ever saw had a Olds 215 ( aluminium V8 from the '60) installed up front, with a narrowed Ford 9" in the rear. The chassis had been stretched 12" to accomodate everything - 4" in the bonnet, 8" in the body, and widened 3", with a one piece flip-up fiberglass front end. The proportions were such that it was hard to tell it from a stock Mini at first glance, unless they were side-by-side. (The larger tires were a dead giveaway though) It would turn low 13's in the quarter, & would eat most other muscle cars for lunch ! Yes, the owner was a total lunatic, but you've got to admire his sense of humor !