View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2002, 19:12 (Ref:252042)   #12
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re: Changes at BAR, why not sooner?

Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
During TSN's (Canada) coverage of Interlagos, Gerald Donaldson had a very interesting conversation with Craig Pollock. He asked him why changes were not made sooner, if he knew there were problems. Craig stated that his shareholding in BAR gave him the right to run the team as he saw fit, but it did NOT give him the right to sack the Tech director, or the chief designer. That right was assigned to the shares held by Adrian Reynard, so Craig was, in effect, hamstrung, and could not do anything about it.
Since so many people were quick to condemn Pollock over the situation at BAR, I found this information interesting, so I thought I would pass it along. I was actually quite impressed with Craig in this interview, and I hope he finds further success in F1, not neccessarily as Jacques manager.
Senna12:

I saw the interview you are referring to,it was very good and very insightful.It sure looks like Pollock had his hands tied down.I was glad to see him with a positive attitude again,it must have been a difficult time for him in December.

He has done many good things for Villeneuve and I hope he stays as his manager.I think time will tell whether or not the changes were positive,personally I think these moves can only benefit the team.I've always thought that if anyone were to be let go it would be Oastler the Coaster

Ciao