Old 7 Apr 2002, 00:57 (Ref:253891)   #24
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
I was wondering about the shareholding percentages, and I came across this;

Lucky Strike BAR Honda

BAR was launched in December 1997 with British American Racing controlling 50% of the shares in the team via a subsidiary called BAT (Westminster House) Ltd.. Around 35% of BAR is owned by an American company called Mount Eagle Inc. This is controlled by Craig Pollock but has a variety of "sleeping partners" including CART team owner Jerry Forsythe and, rumor has it, Jacques Villeneuve. Fourteen percent of the team is owned by Adrian Reynard while the remaining one percent is believed to be split between Rick Gorne and Malcolm Oastler.
That was the original breakdown of the shares, but since BAT had to bauil out the team every year because they went over budget. They bailled the team out, by giving the necessairy funds, but did so ny taking control of the team by having the other share holders re-adjust the share distribution.....rumors have BAT now owning at least 80% of the team. Even read on I think it was in F1 magazine that they now own 99% of the team which I find outlandish, but I would agree with the 80%