View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2661661)   #2
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
All,
I'm minded to build a replica of a famous (in Triumph circles) American race car, Kastner's 'Candy Box' Vitesse. The Triumph Vitesse has an FIA homologation, but the CB was way outside that - coil-over rear suspension for a start. If I did, I'd want to race it, but would it be acceptable in any Historic series?

John
(In UK, but no objection to European series)
The various organisers of race series seem to have little or no objection to many so called continuation 'replica' cars, many are outragously way beyound what can even very lightly be described as replicas. A recently viewed advert 'for sale' described the car as 'the nuts' little investigation soon produced some doubt as to the engine being in the 'spirit' of the regulations or originality, why should they object to your idea/and or plans, when a faithfull re-production of a previously raced car is the only desire and result, just because it was outside of the homologated version. But I bet 10 bob to a shilling they will, unless of course it is a Ferrari and your name is Ecclestone.