View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2018, 10:53 (Ref:3833430)   #72
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Speedworks. Discuss.

So several of us, me for starters, misinterpreted Toyota PR mans comment for Speedworks running something else this year. How wrong we were as the trusty Avensis is still here and performing well.

The Avensis road car production ends in the coming months so the Derbyshire factory will be producing the new Auris hatch and estate. The Camry saloon will be on sale here too in 2019 as an indirect Avensis replacement. But a bit bigger, possibly quite a bit bigger than the HARD CC.

I'm wondering if Toyota might be looking at the opportunity for more involvement and exposure with factory involvement and the Auris on the grid? Certainly the made in Britain flag can be played as Dynamics have done with Honda.

I would think the Camry as a less likely candidate due to size and the fact it will be imported into the UK.

Or will the Avensis be back?