View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3880946)   #17
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have posted a lengthy defense of AER elsewhere and don't need to do it again. AER makes fine motors. However ... the IMSA version, or the three (or is it four?) versions which have run ALMS/IMSA (starting with the MZR, I think) have never provided both power and reliability sufficient to make the cars competitive.

While not every Mazda loss or retirement can be laid at the feet of the AER engine ... quite a few can. And it will never have the torque of its rivals, which means it will always lose a head-to-head duel, .... can't handle traffic, or slower corners, as well as the bigger motors.

I agree with canaglia ... the motor needs a clean-sheet redesign and significant displacement boost.