Thread: Oulton Gold Cup
View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2021, 12:19 (Ref:4071622)   #42
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me Oulton Gold Cup is up there as a favourite (along with Cadwell) - the schedule allows for some downtime and a bit of social (and a beer or two on Saturday evening!), enjoy the circuit although not especially suited to my car, but i love the fast corners - Old Hall, Island and Druids especially!

With Roadsports we quali Saturday and race Sunday, so I wasn't there Monday (was watching my daughter competing at her first horseshow, she fell off ... straight to A&E - fortunately 'only' sprained ankle, not the fracture the on-site first-aider had anticipated - phew!) ... I've digressed ... on Sunday I thought the atmosphere was great, decent crowd right round the circuit, a good showing from the car clubs ... I don't need a live band or a ferris wheel, to be honest I don't particularly need a 'headline' race either!

There seemed to be strong grids in the majority of the classes, certainly those at the lower end of the spectrum. Shame to see the damage, particularly in 70s Roadsports.

I ended up inheriting a Class Win in the TR, despite being outclassed by my good chum in his +4 Morgan, but gremlins (and track limits!) got him - sorry for that, I was just pleased to get a finish after a poor run of race-luck.

Will be very sorry if OPGC falls victim to Silverstone Classic's date change ... as a competitor I know where I'd prefer to be, and i'd like it to be unchanged/diminished.

Thanks for the photo, Malcolm! TR5 #38