View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2021, 17:04 (Ref:4045470)   #178
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
For me - the biggest consideration (and hence potential to opt for an EV) is the speed with which the range can be replenished.

So for instance - a range of 200km is no issue, if I can replenish at least 75% of that in less than 5 minutes. I can then consider a cross-continent drive comfortably.
Whereas a range of 400km is less appealing, if it takes 1-2 hrs to replenish with 100km+ of range.

I appreciate it is not every day that I am driving over 100km, but I want the ability to do so if my circumstance requires.
for sure but both increased range and recharge time seems to be advancing quickly with each newly announced model so its only a matter of time when you can have both the comfort of extra range and faster recharge times...so why not wait?

i suppose the leasing/subscription options will reduce my fear of being stuck with something becoming obsolete too quickly though.