View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1793376)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not hard technically maybe, but a big undertaking to the person or persons doing the graft, and very time consuming! Who is going to do it? Everyone on our site, and it's probably the same on most of the others, are effectively unpaid volunteers who do this between their jobs and other parts of their life. I don't think it is a case of not listening but more a matter of who/how/when and where do you start. It would mean a great deal of organisation, coordination and input from a lot people. Do you have the commitment to do this because I don't think I would have? It's a good idea though, and I think that what we are doing here is heading towards that ultimate goal, particularly if we can use the combined knowledge of those postings on all our forums to develop our Wiki, but it isn't going to happen overnight!

I'm not sure that you would get the degree of cooperation between the websites who are in (friendly?) rivalry. Then there are sites like Oldracingcars.com that are already providing big chunks of info!

My question was really more about this subforum in particular, although any input is welcome, thank you!