View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2365628)   #47
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My father used to have wide body Tuscan V8 which was raced in the HSCC Novice Championship in 1988 (from memory). It was bought in the States and was the subject of 2 or 3 articles in Supercar Classics detailing the purchase, collecting, the journey back to the UK and the race preparation

It was upraded to HSCC Improved Road Sports but wasn't improved enough to be competitive in IRS, and too modified for Standard Road Sports. Rather than convert back to road use, my father swapped with the then current owner of the Colin Skeaping stuntman Griffith OUU4F who was planning on race preparing his car at the same time my dad was contemplating putting his Tuscan back to standard.

This was kept for a number of years and appeared on a Top Gear TVR special on TV as well as Autocar. This was kept for number of years before selling it. It came up for sale at Don Law and somewhere else subsequently. Its been converted to a racer as well which is a bit of a shame as its always a one way process and it was a lovely example of a standard road car

He bought another Griffith a few years ago.