View Single Post
Old 9 May 2017, 12:46 (Ref:3732465)   #188
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
My memory is faulty .... the #5 got beat by a gigantic margin at the Rolex, right .... because it just isn't as good? Blown right off the track?

Well ... it got off the track Somehow, eh?

AXR was faster at Daytona. Enough faster that even facing backwards with seven minutes to go, they were catching up when the flag waved. The #5 was second at Sebring, got nailed by a GTD car at Long Beach, 3rd at CotA, and is second in points. The #31 has also finished second twice. Big electrical issues at Daytona, third at Sebring.

As I hear it WTR has more time with the car, but AXR has not forgotten everything it knew in January.

No clue what WTR found at CotA.

I'd say the Taylors have matured as drivers. They are consistently fast, and far less often stupid, and don't lose concentration--I always looked at Ricky as fast but crazy, and Jordan pretty fast and stable. Both are fast and stable. now. But Christian Fittipladi and Joao Barbosa haven't aged a decade since January.

Not sure there is a "factory" GM team. I think GM pretty much doesn't care so long as all its cars are at the front. No one said anything about all that after the Rolex or Sebring. WTR got lucky/forceful a few times, really nailed the set-up once, and now suddenly we are rewriting history?
There is.

AXR purchase their cars as a customer team now.