View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3847754)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
There needn't "always going to be a certain amount of contrivance". Point in fact, review the past.

"some designing and innovation in IndyCar" is not by the teams , as you said. (Whilst at it, what are these "innovations"? The wonderful fenders? What else?

"the reality is there won't be any real design and innovation, unless IndyCar opens up chassis design to other manufacturers." 'Guess you misunderstood my posts, that's what I've been saying all along.

"That cost in turn, has to be met by the money teams get from sponsors and teams are only going to attract sponsors if they are winning." I know of no series where there aren't consistent backmarkers. Amazingly, I see sponsors names on all these cars.

I still follow racing, it's the only sport (not game) that I do. It's been my passion since about 5 years old. 'just less passionate about it now that it's become more of a show than a sport.

Really enjoyed Monza, even with the DRS...
I agree, there needn't be a certain amount of contrivance and I also enjoyed Monza, even with DRS.