Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2018, 14:52 (Ref:3852635)   #52
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Aerodynamics
Leave it as it is, although again looking at the 2008 rules for inspiration would be best. Realistically speaking however, leave the regulations after the 2019 changes to the front wing (which won't make a difference anyway). DRS stays. Stability is needed. Do NOT listen to the zealots who claim the cars have too much downforce, that nearly destroyed F1 as we know it back in 2009 and again in 2014. This is probably more a sporting thing but I'll put it here: DRS can be used whenever you're less than a second behind someone. If you're not, you can't use it. No more zones, so that if you pass someone with DRS you can't use it again in the next zone like it is now. No DRS in qualifying.
In my set of "fixes" I said to ditch DRS, but my driving factor there was that DRS is a crutch used to cover up other issues. However... if things are done to address root cause issues and we still can't achieve closer racing with an easier ability to pass, then I can get behind something like DRS tweaks. I would actually just all this active aero 2.0. With it designed to help passing and could also be implemented in conjunction with other "boosters" such as short term extra power from the PU. Clearly it would have to have some process to limit it's use.

Also, I like the idea of not using DRS during qualifying.

Richard