View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3952131)   #4677
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Hinch apparently has Genesys on board for an Indy run but no mention of funding amount and claims made of Honda team being sought out but that's it.
I would guess it limits him to running with Ganassi (not likely but possible) Coyne (money talks there) or RLL (money talks but BIG pile needed) in order to run a Honda now

That was an unusual announcement (and premature IMHO, although if the goal is to create buzz ASAP, then earlier is better I suppose). Still, strange that no team is mentioned.

I think the implication was both May races (Indy GP and 500), but we'll see I guess.

One thing that puzzles me - it was previously reported that Hinch's Honda contract was roughly half what would be required for a full IndyCar season. So why did he need additional sponsorship just to run two races? Or is his Honda deal dead? I'd understood it was a personal deal, nothing to do with SPM/Arrow Mclaren SP and their jump to Chevy, so presumably would still be in play?

And, if dead, then the new Genesys money could... what? Pay for rides in May at any team, Honda or not?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.