View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2538327)   #42
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://yfrog.com/0oscan0002eyj
Firstly I again failed to post the pic; The history of WOO 11 is fairly well documented, from RAC, Alpine and Tulip rallies to 1969 29 starts 25 1st places as per Spike, my part.... Trannies V4's V6's P108 Perkins etc & Geoff Uren converstions, plus an XK 3-8ltr shoehorned in never has been. The journies & adventures across Europe in the company of a Ford Transit from Mk1 to the present Mk5, proverbial book filler. The van in the pic was part of the fleet opperated by JQ's company delivering the company's electrical products, weekends hauling the E & trailer. When the van was loaded not too bad!? 35mph ish a fair old fishtailing trailer, but we never did dyke it, close now n' then! Van was 1966 'D' reg V4 13/15 mpg towing, and G.. knows how many push rods & push rod guides and two new engines replaced over it's life of four years, 3 clutches and two of those by the side of the road. Pic was taken after a photo session, the E being the subject of a magazine article outside John's then home in Dulwich. Why? just a good idea at the time.