View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3803972)   #39
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Bob,

What content at the media briefing makes attendance compulsory?

I assume there is some aspect that cannot be covered by a set of notes issued at sign on?
The content was nothing but plain common sense, and we learnt nothing new (apart from a Yaris being a Gnm,,,), it was a formality to say we had been briefed, and therefore able to sigh-on and wear a tabard. No briefing and no trackside access, it is now mandatory under MSA rules. It follows spectators being killed at a rally in Scotland where they had posed as Media somehow.

I asked if having been 'briefed' once it would cover the season? No! Each event it seems. Apparently a pre-event on-line system is being considered.

Don't obstruct marshals posts, obey all marshal's instructions, don't photograph from a dangerous position, do not photograph (graphic) accidents, only picture children with parents permission, do not intrude on grieving people. All of this unless of 'Public interest' importance.

This is my reading not a full official account.