View Single Post
Old 30 Dec 2018, 11:09 (Ref:3873138)   #10
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Of course not. But F1 teams will spend however much they can get in a valiant attempt to be as competitive (or in Mercedes' case, as dominant) possible. Go figure!
I dont understand why people say this. Do they spend more than the German govt can tax their people. Do they spend more then a trip to space. Do they spend more than it would cost to cure cancer. More than it costs to bio engineer an new humanity?

What rational business thinks this is the best way to invest in the future?

Is there not more money in everything else that matters but yet not enough money to do what is necessary....why dont our govt work like an f1 team and spend every cent they have and build a better future?

Does anyone think ther is more money to be made and spent in F1 then anywhere else ?

Their budget is unlimited right so they can they spend whatever they want where they want right?

But hey its always been about spending 2 billion plus a year right?

I dislike how obtuse this discussion has become...and hiw abstract from reality.

This kind of spending is obscene and if you think the shareholders think differently....well maybe they do cause things have always been this way and f1 is apparently the front end of the greatest technological forefront of human civilization.

I'm super surprised merc gmbh isn't the most coveted stock i the world...they are going to change the world with an internal combustion engine with four rubber shoes....cant wait to see how that plays out.

Like what the **** are we talking about here?

Lets complain about how rubber technology has hit its limit after a few hundred years of rubber being rubber.

I'll keep on watching the sport but I fear this forum has run out of future or interesting points of view

Sorry but true story.