View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2019, 21:59 (Ref:3912760)   #5
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Last weekend I observed a car at the rear of the field (but for one who was recovering from a spin or something) circulating at about the same speed as the safety car and seemingly keeping the track safe rather than attempting to catch the end of the snake.

I decided that the X plate indicate bother an inexperienced and not up to speed driver and perhaps an unfamiliarity with the way things were meant to work and what was acceptable.

However when the SC period ended his speed remained the same and I realised it was about the same as had been achieved before the SC. So he may well have been trying to catch up but was unable to do so within his comfort zone.

Not good news for the chap behind him. They must have been about 3/4 of a lap behind.

There has to be a way of making allowances for this sort of situation and to cover Mike's concerns as well. (Assuming that the managed speed limit solution (Code 60?) does not provide the solution which it may not for many reasons.)