View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3920591)   #7108
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If it is a single tire supplier, that's a lot different than a 'spec' tire. If were talking about Michelin, they've shown that they're not too bad with prototypes I'd like to see 2 or more tire makes available too, though. I hope this is just something that the rule makers are using as a means to get people in the door in terms of saving money though and not something they intend to keep for year on year.

Something about 'hypercar' from Toyota https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...eupen/4504264/, they say they intend to use a bespoke lmp (we already knew that) but there's also the mention of costs associated with it which is new information.

Quote:
"We’re not a great reference, but the new rules are significantly cheaper. We’re talking about [savings of] over 50 percent. We used to build a new monocoque every year. If that’s 10 million euros every year, then now you can write that off over a period of five years.
Bolded part is my emphasis.