View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2785009)   #54
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom
Sparky-steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbersix View Post
To throw a further spanner in the works, no one's considered the dreaded Health & Safety aspect.

From that perspective the most experienced/qualified marshals would come first to help save the organisers a possible lawsuit from an injured party (or next of kin of a deceased party) on the grounds that the organisers did not exhibit due care in the selection process.

And this might mean fewer trainees, and that would screw up recruitment and retention, etc., etc.

It is not as simple as it looks and I'm glad I don't have to do it.

Phil
i can see your point, but would that mean that the event would have to be staffed by professional people and not us volunteers??

if that would be the case, i think RIP Motor sport!!
because if the big meets have to go down that route then every meet would have to too, and who's going to pay for them??

(just as a off topic, if drivers etc do sue then we should all stand down every time they take to the track!! well who want to get sued??)

there has been a few suggestions that people who have done X number of lesser meets gets to attend. ok fine i can see the thinking behind that, so who/where is the record of which marshal does what days?? is there a log kept? (not just our cards) i was just wondering??