View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3817766)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Looking at the voting on the Rate the Race thread for the Chinese GP, you would have to say that your safety car proposal is excellent.
Better at shaking up the race than any other method, and popular apparently.

Random number generator for the lap on which a safety car intervention will take place, and a second dip for where in the field the car will insert itself.
E.G. Lap 20 position 5.

Apparently what is wanted according to the rating of the Chinese GP.
I get your point, but i don’t think there is a contradiction.

I am against this suggestion. If F1 is to remain a sport then it should be allowed that a race can develop in a boring manner naturally where a team and driver can dominate becaus they are doing a better job. However if required, for normal random reasons, a SC is required I am not going to turn it off at that point. I am also going to enjoy it if it becomes interesting.

The issue here is whether you purposely and artificially cause the interest or if it is random.

FWIW I don’t mind a competition in NASCAR. Is that contradictory too? No, I expect different things from that series.