View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3918291)   #46
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yes, but Motorbase had Fat Jackson, who is a bona fide good driver. And the Focus was a tidy motor.

Not really any comparison I think?

This may be a stupid question - could Handy/ Austin have run the car with a mother load of boost(i.e. more than they are allowed) because there is no or little scrutineeering at the test?

Ahh Mat, whatever happened to him.

As for Austin, that was exactly my point, they have turned everything up right at the end to take a bit of glory away to a potential sponsor, I know it was wet at Snetterton last year so not a fair comparison but they topped the 2018 media day times too. Its not illegal but it is highly suspect that they are often fastest in these type sessions but were nowhere all season last year.

Have they really developed the car that much without really running it? i get that they might do private sessions but I have my doubts, if they have turned it out on a trackdays i would expect we would have seen pictures already