View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3694283)   #33
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I think you misinterpreted me a little bit. I do agree with you 100% but I am not sure you can raise GTE or GT3 cars to the level of the DPI/2017 LMP2 levels though. The 2016 LMP2's perhaps. But since that is not the case anymore and due to the fact that IMSA and WEC does not have a PC or P3 to worry about anymore. Then lets not go over the top and try to stabilize both GTE/LM and GTD for the rest of the decade.

But yeah remember the 2015 Petit Le Mans when the rain was the great equalizer. We saw genuine battles on track between GTLM and DP's and it that got me so pumped. I was hoping that IMSA would take a queue from that and let the classes get closer together in speed for 2016 but that did not happen. I think all of us who watched that day were cheering for a GT car to win and they did!
You are right, It would be very difficult to get the LMP2 level with the current cars, they should develop to GT more extreme type Laferrari, 918 and Mc Laren P1. Maybe the Ford GT is the only one of the current in this category, of course it was the only one specifically designed.
In addition the weight should reduce to about 1000 or 1050 kg and the power should go to near 800Hp. And of course larger diffusers and rear wings.

I also enjoy Petit LM 2015!!