Thread: ACO Interest
View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2017, 21:56 (Ref:3781833)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They enforced the "micro" grid because of freight costs. If they have 30 cars and it costs a set amount for those 30 to ship they go with it. If it costs a certain amount more for just one more car it's not financially viable. So I get the feeling they'd pay too much just to ship 2 or 3 more cars when they can save money by limiting it. Maybe if more entries add up and they get to an amount where the freight is covered by entry fees, it would make financial sense. So why pay for a freight of 40 when you only get 32? So maybe they would be more inclined to pay for 40 if they get an entry amount of 36, 37 etc.?
I'm not entirely against the "full season entry cap", but I'm against blocking one-off entries. I remember couple of years ago Riley wanted to enter Viper for oneoff COTA round but ACO told them no, even though they just had regular micro grid of 30 something vehicles. I also despise when they say "we may accommodate one or more guest entries" when in fact, if they wanted, they could have quite a few if they relaxed their pit allocations and stuff, just like in the ILMC

At Sebring they won't even have the excuse of garage space, since there aren't any garages, just traditional NA pit spots. Which there are plenty of and which WILL be identical to the IMSA ones from what I remember from Neveu on RLM