View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2018, 05:49 (Ref:3804189)   #5427
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
https://www.autosport.com/imsa/news/...l--castroneves

"I don't think LMP1 is going to last for long. I hope LMP2 will become LMP1, it would be better for everyone. It's the situation like Champ Car and IRL.
What are we doing here? Why don't we just get one great series, the best from Europe, the best from America and let's make it one thing?

Because not everyone wants to settle for performance balanced camouflaged spec cars. Maybe Helio does as he's raced them all his life, in series where the "drivers are the stars", but he's not everyone.

It's also great that it automatically needs to be LMP1 that's killed off, not DPi, because that's the side he's on. "LMP2 is better for everyone"... right

I also don't get the Champcar reference, ACO and IMSA were never the same entity in the first place. And it was IMSA that decided to ditch the existing common platform in favor of something else, not the ACO

edit: If a mod could move this to the LMP Future regulations thread, thank you
Or maybe it's the fact there's currently 4 OEM's with another 2 coming in DPi, and only one extremely shaky one in P1?