View Single Post
Old 7 May 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3244055)   #1526
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Good!!! At last I see a lot of people recognize that LMP1 are horrible.
If you are the ACO, You make the rules. Then Why do you make your main class are so ugly? you can make that your LMP1 look like hypercars. Like McLaren P1, LaFerrari, Porsche 918 RSR, Pagani Huayra etc.
I would like that:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...07659&page=157
Its interesting to note what makes a high performance road car look like a road car rather the current LMPs, since both are (supposedly) 2 seater, 4-wheel vehicles:-
The biggest difference of course is that a road car like the McLaren MP4 12c is a proper two seater, seating two people in a relatively upright comfortable position... not a one and a half seater with a fire extinguisher/battery/KERS system in the passenger seat and a "green house" that is too big for one and too small for two.
The other difference is that a road car, even a high performance one, needs to have at least a little luggage space (generally at the front of a mid or rear engine vehicle).
The final area for main differences is related to safety legislation; bumpers and lights must be at or above a certain height above the road, and sharp edges must not present themselves in case of collision with pedetrians.
The issues above would set the basis for my "Prototype Sportscar" chassis rules, the rules governing the bodywork itself would be relatively free, but of course it would have to wrap itself around the larger passenger area that would be mandated. Fire extinguisers/batteries/KERS systems would need to be either in the engine bay area or in the "luggage" area; not the driver/passenger area.
theres already a gt class